Friday, July 7, 2017

Kevin Kastning, Mark Wingfield, The Line to Three

Well, buckle up your seat belt because The Line to Three (Greydisc 3533) takes you on a journey into deep space. It is a further collaboration between Kevin Kastning on 30-string contra-alto guitar, 15-string extended classical guitar, piano and percussion, and Mark Wingfield on electric guitar, live electronics and pre-recorded soundscapes.

This as you can imagine is post-psychedelic guitar art that in my head extends what Terje Rypdal forged for us--a new music psychedelia if you will--and takes it in very original and further outward directions.

The guitar work from the two is exceptional, beautifully extended guitar-as-art expansions into dramatically chromatic fields well supported by piano and soundscapes.

It is fabulous music! I wish I had made it, that is how germinal-internal it is for me.

I most heartily recommend it to you. Turn it on and tune it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment